Friday, December 7, 2012

Journal #22

I have a love hate relationship with snow. I love how it makes everything look. It falls gently overnight and cloaks everything in a flowing white sheen. It's almost magical. No matter the object, snow can make it look artistic and beautiful, without even trying.
The best feeling is waking up to it! Especially when you hear that it's a snow day, and you can do whatever you want for the rest of the day. I remember many days watching it fall slowly from the leaden sky onto the ground, praying and wishing that the next day i would be able to play in it, and it wouldn't be melted before i got home.
I remember making many snowmen. They never looked like something off of a hallmark card, and no matter how hard me and my dad tried, they were never really white. Always browish and full of leaves and rocks and other junk that the snowball picked up as we rolled it. My dad would always make the bottom half, because it was always really big and extremely  heavy, then i would help make the middle and the head. After my dad put all the pieces together, shoved snow in any areas that needed support, and i approved it, we started on the face and arms and other accessories  Our snowmen always had stick arms, rocks for the nose, the eyes,  and mouth, and never had a scarf. Occasionally, we'd sneak inside, snatch a pot, and use it for a hat. Then, if we thought the snowmen looked too lonely, we would make him a wife or a son.

I also have another great memory of the snow. When the snow drifted up against the house, me and my family would dig into it and make a snow fort, complete with tunnels. Some of the best memories i have of snow is laughing with my sisters, digging out a fort, and crawling through pretending we were inside a cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment