Monday, November 19, 2012

Journal # 18

As I pondered the multitude of eyes beaming at me from the magnificent creature, i felt a shiver jolt up my back. My hands began to shake uncontrollably,  mouth  slack, my mind buzzing and twirling, trying to comprehend what i was seeing. I could imagine the smell of my blood filling this very room, with only one swipe of the monsters talons. In minutes it could happen. I could see myself, screaming for help, eyes bloodshot, body bruised and ripped. The  thought made me  blanch, and the metallic taste of pure fear washed over my trembling tongue. The monster was truly  a sight to behold.  It's long , curved, snakelike back tremored with unease, and the dim light of the room hit it's dazzling scales, enslaving my very eyes to it's sight. The arcane creature had a sloping head, set with four eyes, electric blue, and glowing like the midnight sun. It's maw was fitted with doezens of sharp teeth, and it's jaw was strong enough to snap me like a toothpick. They seemed to paralyze, and i couldn't tear my gaze away, no matter how hard i tried. It's four legs, long and slender, ripped with corded muscles and strong enough to kill me with one flick. It's smell filled the room--completely  foreign and exotic, causing my nose to twitch with nerves.  Out of self defense, I grabbed the nearest object--a hairbrush--and brandished it in front of me, surprising myself as a fierce growl ripped from my trembling lips. "Get BACK!" I screamed, carefully retreating behind the kitchen table. The creature cocked its head to the side, clearly mystified at my actions, and took at gentle step forward, talons clicking on the linoleum. "I said GET BACK!" I screeched again. I backed away even further, till my back was flush against the wall, and began to jab the comb at the air, hoping that i looked as intimidating as i felt. "Don't get ANY CLOSER." I chided. Of cource, it took another step towards me, and I blew up. "I'LL SHOOT! I SWEAR TO YOU I WILL SHOOT!" The idea was preposterous. I was holding a HAIRBRUSH. I could only hope that it didn't understand what it truly was. The creature only seemed mildly offended at my intense warning. It's head turned to the other side, and half of it's eyes averted their gaze away from me and to the open door, which led outside--to the fresh, glorious freedom. I had to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment