Friday, March 1, 2013

Journal #35

While reading the Declaration of Independence essay i wrote back in September, I noticed  things that i did wrong. As it to my Whitman essay, i came to the conclusion that  my Whitman essay had an  obvious superiority over it. It's crazy! I wrote my Dec. of In. essay back in September, and now it's March, and i beleive i have really improved over this amount of months. First of all, the Dec. Of In. essay was not professional at all. I used the words "me" and "I" throughout, and did not pay attention to the formal writing style in any way, shape, or form. The writing was alright,  and i did have support for my ideas, but it did not have the same feel as my Whitman essay. It's almost like a different person wrote it. That, to me, is an amazing change. Mainly because i remember writing the Dec. of In. essay and i thoguht it was really good. Now i know that it was only amature work. I have improved my writing so much since then. I think that overall reason for this change is practice. Another thing i noticed was that in some places in my Dec. Of In. essay i was not confident. I wasn't being a professional informer. The essay had a feeling of nonchalance. I personally would never use it as a source for information or criticism if i was someone else. I just didn't sound STRONG as i wrote it. Maybe it was lack of passion or a lack of understanding, but i really did notice the difference in the feel of both . The Whitman essay, on the other hand, i believe has more unique wording. It just sounds more right to me. It sounds more professional, and has a different overall feel than the Dec. Of In. essay.Another reason i believe they are different is that i have practiced writing essays over these months and i have learned how to make them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment