Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Journal 31

"Did you hear about what Cindy did yesterday?"  "No," I began, "What happened?" My friend looked at me  saddly, "She went on a date with someone's boyfriend. Secretly. Apparently they've been talking for weeks now." I shrugged. What did it matter to me? I mean, i know Cindy, and i feel bad for the poor girl who was cheated on, but it happens. "Thats too bad," i started, but her concerned look stopped me mid sentence. My face flushed red, and i felt a deep chill in my gut, like a knife piercing through my body. My hands rounded into fists suddenly, almost without my will, and i leaned forward toward my friend, my eyes wide with terror. "Who'd boyfriend?" I asked icily. Her eyes flashed away from me, and she looked across the room, pretending to be concerned with something else. "Hey!" my voice jabbed at her sharply, and she jumped, then turned to me. Her eyes met mine. "Your boyfriend." She said remorsfully. "I just found out today. It's been going around. Everyone is talking about it. It's terrible! I'm so sorry." I pressed my lips together and sat back in my seat. My hands loosened from their fists and came to rest in my lap, looking up at me, hopeless. A deep pain settled into me. It hurt. worse than anything i'd ever felt before. Is it supposed to hurt this bad? Is this what i feels like? After moments of complete silence, my lips parted, and i choked on my words. I tried again. "Who told you that?"  Her glance was guilty. "I heard it from Jane," she started, but i interupted her "--You know Jane isn't a reliable source!" "I know! But she herad it from Mark!" "So?!" "So mark is Jack's friend, whos a friend to Teressa, who's frinds with Sam who's frinds with your boyfriend!"  "what if they were joking around?!"  "Why would they do that?" "To break you guys up! They know how much time you spend together!
'

No comments:

Post a Comment