Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Journal 33

How do i reduce stress and recconect with my myself? Personally, i like to go outside and read a book. This, of course, can only be done when it's warm outside, and when it isn't, i curl up in my favorite chair down stairs and read a good book. But overall, being outside is my favorite way to relax. I like the feeling of openess, and with a good book to read, you can be comfortable mentally and physically. Sometimes in order to reduce stress and recconect with oneself, it's good to get 'away' from oneself first. When you're reading, you can escape for a little while and take a 'back seat' to everything around you. It lets you calm down and forget about whats happening around you for a little while. And it lasts as long as you have enough pages to cosume your time. Another thing i like to do when i'm stressed is sit back and watch a good movie. I usually pick a comedy, something that will cheer me up and make me laugh, or sometimes a movie i used to watch when i was little so i can bring the memories back. I always enjoy watching a good 'kid movie' once in a while because i realize that when i was young it was the best thing ever, and it's fun to think about how it made me feel. It's good to poke the embers of memory once in a while. It makes you think of the happy times you had before. My favorite are from wheni was a kid, mainly because i always remember everything being so fun. You know how it is--everything is part of the giant playground that is your life. I like thinking about that. Being with my little sisters also hepls me reconnect too. They remind me when i was young, but also allow me to accept my new role as older sister--time to grow up. But it's fun. Being with them is a perfect way to reconnect with myself. It helps me trasition.

No comments:

Post a Comment